|WORKSHOPS FOR PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIANS, NURSES AND PHYSICIAN ASSISTANTS
What these pages provide:
The following pages describe all of the TISA workshops currently available to be brought to your clinic, medical center, hospital grand rounds, educational luncheons, or annual professional meetings. In all instances the speaker is Shawn Christopher Shea, M.D. These workshops are designed to be of immediate practicality in the hectic time constraints so typical of a primary care setting, and include topics such as:
- Transforming anger directed towards you or your staff as it presents from patients or family members
- Uncovering hidden and dangerous suicidal ideation
- Using specific validity techniques for uncovering sensitive material that is of an everyday concern for many of your patients including: domestic, street, and school violence, sexual and physical abuse, antisocial behavior, and alcohol/drug abuse
- Rapidly uncovering depression and comorbid disorders that complicate its care and frequently are the cause of "treatment failure".
- Rapidly ucovering common yet easily missed serious psychiatric disorders such as obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Most of the workshops are 60 to 90 minutes in length. Many can be combined with each other to form half-day, three-quarter day, and full day workshops. All of the workshops are loaded with videotape demonstrations of the interview techniques described.